Raffaele Conti, Full Professor and holder of the CY chair of excellence in Strategy and Innovation, received a Ph.D. in Management from Bocconi University and a M.Sc. in Economics from Pompeu Fabra University. His research interests focus primarily on how institutions affect innovation, entrepreneurship, and, more broadly, the economic behavior of individuals and organizations.
He has been elected as representative-at-large of the Knowledge and Innovation Division of the Strategic Management Society, and of the Technology and Innovation Management Division of the Academy of Management. Also, he is member of the research committee of the Technology and Innovation Management Division of Academy of Management, and he was member of the research committee of the Strategy Division of Academy of Management.
He currently serves as Associate Editor of Management Science and of the Strategic Management Journal.
- 2011: Doctor of Philosophy, Sciences de Gestion, Management (Università Bocconi Italie)
- 2004: Master of Science, Economie (Universitat Pompeu Fabra Espagne)
- 2003: Bachelor, Science politique (University of Pisa Italie)
- 2021 – Présent : Professeur (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2017 – 2021 : Professeur associé (Catolica Lisbon School of Business & Economics Portugal)
- 2011 – 2016 : Professeur assistant (Catolica Lisbon School of Business & Economics Portugal)
- CONTI, R., GODINHO DE MATOS, M. et VALENTINI, G. (2023). Big Data, Firm Size and Performance. Strategy Science, Forthcoming.
- ZHANG, H., BRANSTETTER, L., CONTI, R. et MAMADEHUSSENE, S. (2023). Who gains and who loses from more information in technology markets? Evidence from the Sunshine Act. Strategic Management Journal, In press, pp. 1-36.
- CONTI, R. et NOVELLI, E. (2022). Not all technologies are created equal for stakeholders: Constituency statutes, firm stakeholder orientation and investments in technology generality. Research Policy, 51(3), pp. 104470.
- CONTI, R., KACPERCZYK, A. et VALENTINI, G. (2022). Institutional protection of minority employees and entrepreneurship: Evidence from the LGBT Employment Non-Discrimination Acts. Strategic Management Journal, 43(4), pp. 758-791.
- ARANDA, A.M., CONTI, R. et WEZEL, F.C. (2021). Distinct but not Apart? Stigma Reduction and Cross-Industry Evaluative Spillovers: The Case of Medical Marijuana Legalization. Academy of Management Journal, 64(6).
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R. et KACPERCZYK, A. (2020). The (Un) intended consequences of institutions lowering barriers to entrepreneurship: The impact on female workers. Strategic Management Journal, 41(7), pp. 1274-1304.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. et NOVELLI, E. (2019). Specializing in Generality: Firm Strategies When Intermediate Markets Work. Organization Science, 30(1), pp. 126-150.
- CONTI, R. et VALENTINI, G. (2018). Super Partes? Assessing the Effect of Judicial Independence on Entry. Management Science, 64(8), pp. 3517-3535.
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R. et KACPERCZYK, A. (2017). Money secrets: How does trade secret legal protection affect firm market value? Evidence from the uniform trade secret act. Strategic Management Journal, 38(4), pp. 834-853.
- CASTELLANETA, F. et CONTI, R. (2017). How does acquisition experience create value? Evidence from a regulatory change affecting the information environment. European Management Journal, 35(1), pp. 60-68.
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R., VELOSO, F.M. et KEMENY, C.A. (2016). The effect of trade secret legal protection on venture capital investments: Evidence from the inevitable disclosure doctrine. Journal of Business Venturing, 31(5), pp. 524-541.
- PADULA, G., NOVELLI, E. et CONTI, R. (2015). SMEs inventive performance and profitability in the markets for technology. Technovation, 41-42, pp. 38-50.
- CONTI, R. (2015). Regional R&D Decentralization and Breakthrough Inventions: A Tale of Two Mechanisms. Industry and Innovation, 22(1), pp. 59-78.
- CONTI, R. (2014). Do non-competition agreements lead firms to pursue risky R&D projects? Strategic Management Journal, 35(8), pp. 1230-1248.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. et MARIANI, M. (2014). Learning to Be Edison: Inventors, Organizations, and Breakthrough Inventions. Organization Science, 25(3), pp. 833-849.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. et NOVELLI, E. (2013). Research on Markets for Inventions and Implications for R&D Allocation Strategies. Academy of Management Annals, 7(1), pp. 717-774.
Co-direction d’une revue – Co-rédacteur en chef
- 2020 – Présent: Co-rédacteur en chef de la Strategic Management Journal
- 2020 – Présent: Co-rédacteur en chef de Management Science