Steven Seggie is an associate professor of marketing, entrepreneurship and innovation in the marketing department at ESSEC Business School. He received his doctorate from Michigan State University and previously worked at Ozyegin University in Istanbul and Bilkent University in Turkey. His areas of research and teaching include customer-driven innovation, new product launch, interorganizational relationships and scientometrics.
- 2007: Ph.D. en Marketing & Commerce International (Michigan State University United States of America)
- 2003: MBA (Sabancı Üniversitesi Turkey)
- 1995: Bachelor, Science politique (Glasgow University United Kingdom)
- 2020 – 2021 : Co-Academic Director Goldman Sachs 10000 Small Businesses France (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2019 – 2024 : Academic director of the Executive MBA (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2015 – 2018 : Directeur du Département Entrepreneuriat (Ozyegin University Turkey)
- 2014 – 2015 : Directeur du Département Business Administration (Gestion) (Ozyegin University Turkey)
- 2018 – Now : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2015 – 2018 : Associate Professor of Marketing (Ozyegin University Turkey)
- 2008 – 2014 : Assistant Professor of Marketing (Ozyegin University Turkey)
Interviews: radio, TV, press
- SEGGIE, S. (2023). The Attempted Reshaping of the Turkish Football Landscape under the AK Party. Dans: Simon Chadwick, Paul Widdop, Michael M. Goldman eds. The Geopolitical Economy of Sport. 1st ed. London: Routledge, pp. 203-209.
- SOYER, E., PAUWELS, K. et SEGGIE, S. (2019). Big and Lean Is Beautiful: A Conceptual Framework for Data-Based Learning in Marketing Management. Dans: Marketing In a Digital World. 1st ed. Emerald, pp. 63-84.
- TALAY, M.B., PAUWELS, K. et SEGGIE, S. (2023). Why and when to launch new products during a recession: An empirical investigation of the U.K. FMCG industry and the U.S. automobile industry. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, In press.
- SEGGIE, S. et GRIFFITH, D. (2021). The Moderating Effects of Economic and Strategic Relationship Value in Tolerating Active and Passive Opportunism. Journal of Business Research, 128(May), pp. 233-244.
- USLU, B., CALIKOGLU, A., SEGGIE, F.N. et SEGGIE, S. (2020). Evaluating the Criteria of TÜBİTAK Entrepreneurial and Innovative University Index in Terms of the Prominent Operations of the Entrepreneurial University. Journal of Higher Education, 10(1), pp. 1-11.
- USLU, B., CALIKOGLU, A., SEGGIE, N. et SEGGIE, S. (2019). The entrepreneurial university and academic discourses: The meta‐synthesis of Higher Education articles. Higher Education Quarterly, 73(3), pp. 285-311.
- SEGGIE, S., SOYER, E. et PAUWELS, K.H. (2017). Combining Big Data and Lean Startup Methods for Business Model Evolution. AMS Review, 7(3-4), pp. 154-169.
- SEGGIE, S., GRIFFITH, D. et JAP, S. (2013). Passive and Active Opportunism in Interorganizational Exchange. Journal of Marketing, 77(6), pp. 73-90.
- SEGGIE, S. (2012). Transaction Cost Economics in International Marketing: A Review and Suggestions for the Future. Journal of International Marketing, 20(2), pp. 49-71.
- BERK, T., SEGGIE, S. et CAVUSGIL, E. (2009). Exploring Correlates of Product Launch in Collaborative Ventures: An Empirical Investigation of Pharmaceutical Alliances. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 26(4), pp. 360-370.
- SEGGIE, S. et GRIFFITH, D. (2009). What Does it Take to Get Promoted in Marketing Academia? Understanding Exceptional Publication Productivity in the Leading Marketing Journals. Journal of Marketing, 73(1), pp. 122-132.
- SEGGIE, S. et GRIFFITH, D. (2008). The Resource Matching Foundations of Competitive Advantage: An Alternative Perspective on the Globalization of Service Firms. International Marketing Review, 25(3), pp. 262-275.
- XU, S., YALCINKAYA, G. et SEGGIE, S. (2008). Are Decisions Arbitrary in our International Business Ranking Study. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 25(4), pp. 691-695.
- XU, S., YALCINKAYA, G. et SEGGIE, S. (2008). Prolific Authors and Institutions in Leading International Business Journals. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 25(2), pp. 189-207.
- SEGGIE, S., CAVUSGIL, E. et PHELAN, S. (2007). Measurement of Return on Marketing Investment: Evolution of Approaches and Directions for Future. Industrial Marketing Management, 36(6), pp. 834-841.
- CAVUSGIL, E., SEGGIE, S. et TALAY, B. (2007). Dynamic Capabilities View: Foundations and Research Agenda. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 15(2), pp. 159-166.
- SEGGIE, S., KIM, D. et CAVUSGIL, T. (2006). Do Supply Chain IT Alignment and Supply Chain Interfirm System Integration Impact upon Brand Equity and Firm Performance? Journal of Business Research, 59(8), pp. 887-895.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
Member of a professional association, of an expert group or of a board of directors
- 2021 – Now: Member of the Advisory Board of The Cosmopolitan Globalist