I am passionate about the managerial and societal oportunities and challenges related to modern information technology. I am particularly interested in understanding dynamics over time. Therefore, many of my projects take a process-theoretic stance. I explore my interest in IT-related change processes in three broad research areas:
- Managing Digital Transformation Processes: Platform Ecosystems / Management of Large-Scale System Implementation Projects / Management of AI projects
- Governnace Dynamics in Software Development: Dynamics of Contracts & Controls / Managing Pardoxes & Contradictions
- Digital collaboration: Prototype Use / Distributed Agile Software Development
- 2013: PhD en Systèmes d’Information (Universität Bern Switzerland)
- 2009: Diploma (combinaison d’un Bachelor et un Master) en Administration des Entreprises (Universität Mannheim Germany)
- 2013: Certificate of Advanced Studies in Higher Education (Universität Bern Switzerland)
- 2021 – Now : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2019 – 2021 : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2015 : Visiting Scholar (Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business United States of America)
- 2013 – 2018 : Senior Researcher (“Oberassistent”) (Universität Bern Switzerland)
- 2012 : Visiting Scholar (Case Western Reserve University. Weatherhead School of Management United States of America)
- 2010 – 2013 : Research Assistant and Ph.D. Student (Universität Bern Switzerland)
- 2020 : Best Associate Editor, ICIS 2020 (Track: Societal Impact of IS)
- 2020 : Best Reviewer Award AMCIS 2020
- 2019 : Best Reviewer Award AMCIS 2019
- 2020 : White Project , ESSEC Foundation
- HUBER, T., KUDE, T., LEPOUTRE, J. et MALAURENT, J. (2023). Platform Governance as a Social Movement. Dans: Carmelo Cennamo, Giovanni Battista Dagnino, Feng Zhu eds. Research Handbook on Digital Strategy. 1st ed. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.
- HURNI, T., DIBBERN, J. et HUBER, T. (2020). Emerging Innovation Ecosystems: The Critical Role of Distributed Innovation Agency. Dans: Rudy Hirschheim, Armin Heinzl, Jens Dibbern eds. Information Systems Outsourcing. The Era of Digital Transformation. 1st ed. Springer, pp. 101-143.
- HUBER, T., DIBBERN, J. et FISCHER, T. (2020). How and Why Software Outsourcing Projects Drift—an Actor-Network-Theoretic Investigation of Control Processes. Dans: Rudy Hirschheim, Armin Heinzl, Jens Dibbern eds. Information Systems Outsourcing. The Era of Digital Transformation. 1st ed. Springer, pp. 277-312.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- HURNI, T., HUBER, T. et DIBBERN, J. (2022). Power dynamics in software platform ecosystems. Information Systems Journal, 32(2), pp. 310-343.
- HURNI, T., HUBER, T., JENS, D. et KRANCHER, O. (2021). Complementor Dedication in Platform Ecosystems: Rule Adequacy and the Moderating Role of Flexible and Benevolent Practices. European Journal of Information Systems, 30(3), pp. 237-260.
- HUBER, T., WINKER, M., DIBBERN, J. et BROWN, C. (2020). The use of prototypes to bridge knowledge boundaries in agile software development. Information Systems Journal, 30(11), pp. 270-294.
- KUDE, T., HUBER, T. et DIBBERN, J. (2019). Successfully Governing Software Ecosystems: Competence Profiles of Partnership Managers. IEEE Software, 36(3), pp. 39-44.
- HUBER, T., KUDE, T. et DIBBERN, J. (2017). Governance Practices in Platform Ecosystems: Navigating Tensions Between Cocreated Value and Governance Costs. Information Systems Research, 28(3), pp. 563-584.
- HUBER, T.L., FISCHER, T., DIBBERN, J. et HIRSCHHEIM, R. (2013). A Process Model of Complementarity and Substitution of Contractual and Relational Governance in IS Outsourcing. Journal of Management Information Systems, 30(3), pp. 81-114.
Press article, video or other popular media
Function in an academic association
- 2017 – Now: Founding Member of the AIS Special Interest Group on Advances in Sourcing
- 2017 – Now: Media and Communciations Director of the AIS Special Interest Group on Advances in Sourcing
Other professional activity
- 2014 – 2020: Associate Editor for major IS conferences (ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, HICSS)
- 2013 – 2020: Reviewer for major IS and management journals (Business & Information Systems Engineering, European Journal of Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Journal of Business Economics, Journal of Information Technology, Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Journal of Management Information Systems, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Information Systems Research)