I am passionate about the managerial and societal oportunities and challenges related to modern information technology. I am particularly interested in understanding dynamics over time. Therefore, many of my projects take a process-theoretic stance. I explore my interest in IT-related change processes in three broad research areas:
- Managing Digital Transformation Processes: Platform Ecosystems / Management of Large-Scale System Implementation Projects / Management of AI projects
- Governnace Dynamics in Software Development: Dynamics of Contracts & Controls / Managing Pardoxes & Contradictions
- Digital collaboration: Prototype Use / Distributed Agile Software Development
- 2013 : Certificate of Advanced Studies in Higher Education (Universität Bern, Switzerland )
- 2013 : PhD in Information Systems (Universität Bern, Switzerland )
- 2009 : Diploma (combined Bachelor's and Master's degree) in Business Administration (University of Mannheim, Germany )
- 2019 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2013 - 2018 : Senior Researcher ("Oberassistent") (Universität Bern, Switzerland)
- 2015 : Visiting Scholar (Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, United States of America)
- 2010 - 2013 : Research Assistant and Ph.D. Student (Universität Bern, Switzerland)
- 2012 : Visiting Scholar (Case Western Reserve University. Weatherhead School of Management, United States of America)
Full-time academic appointments
Other Academic Appointments
- 2020 : White Project , ESSEC Foundation
- 2020 : Best Associate Editor, ICIS 2020 (Track: Societal Impact of IS)
- 2020 : Best Reviewer Award AMCIS 2020
- 2019 : Best Reviewer Award AMCIS 2019
- HUBER, T., WINKER, M., DIBBERN, J. and BROWN, C. (2020). The use of prototypes to bridge knowledge boundaries in agile software development. Information Systems Journal, 30(2), pp. 270-294.
- HURNI, T., HUBER, T., DIBBERN, J. and KRANCHER, O. (2020). Complementor Dedication in Platform Ecosystems: Rule Adequacy and the Moderating Role of Flexible and Benevolent Practices. European Journal of Information Systems,.
- KUDE, T., HUBER, T. and DIBBERN, J. (2019). Successfully Governing Software Ecosystems: Competence Profiles of Partnership Managers. IEEE Software, 36(3), pp. 39-44.
- KUDE, T., HUBER, T. and DIBBERN, J. (2018). Successfully Governing Software Ecosystems: Competence Profiles of Partnership Managers. IEEE Software, 36(3), pp. 39-44.
- HUBER, T., KUDE, T. and DIBBERN, J. (2017). Governance Practices in Platform Ecosystems: Navigating Tensions Between Cocreated Value and Governance Costs. Information Systems Research, 28(3), pp. 563-584.
- HUBER, T.L., FISCHER, T., DIBBERN, J. and HIRSCHHEIM, R. (2013). Towards a Process View of Complementarity and Substitution of Contractual and Relational Governance in Information Systems Outsourcing. Journal of Management Information Systems, 30(3), pp. 81-114.
- HURNI, T., DIBBERN, J. and HUBER, T. (2020). Emerging Innovation Ecosystems: The Critical Role of Distributed Innovation Agency In: Information Systems Outsourcing. The Era of Digital Transformation. 1st ed. Springer, pp. 101-143.
- HUBER, T., DIBBERN, J. and FISCHER, T. (2020). How and Why Software Outsourcing Projects Drift—an Actor-Network-Theoretic Investigation of Control Processes In: Information Systems Outsourcing. The Era of Digital Transformation. 1st ed. Springer, pp. 277-312.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- HUBER, T., DIBBENR, J., FISHER, T. and KIRSH, L. (2019). How and Why Software Projects Drift: A Process View. In: 5th International Conference on the Outsourcing of Information Services (ICOIS) 2019.
- HUBER, T. and MALAURENT, J. (2019). Les engagements en matière de responsabilité sociale, sociétale et environnementale des entreprises françaises implantées en Afrique à travers leur rapport annuel d'activité. In: 37ème Université d'été de l'Audit Social.
- HUBER, T. and MALAURENT, J. (2019). Ethical Dilemmas in the Age of A.I: The Case of the Chinese Social Credit System. In: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2019).
- 2014 - 2020 : Associate Editor for major IS conferences (ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, HICSS)
- 2013 - 2020 : Reviewer for major IS and management journals (Business & Information Systems Engineering, European Journal of Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Journal of Business Economics, Journal of Information Technology, Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Journal of Management Information Systems, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Information Systems Research)
Other professional activity
- 2017 - Present : Founding Member of the AIS Special Interest Group on Advances in Sourcing
- 2017 - Present : Media and Communciations Director of the AIS Special Interest Group on Advances in Sourcing