In my role as Professor of Management Practice, I combine a strong conceptual understanding of Marketing and Communication, with a bias for execution and opportunities to solve live business problems.
The recurring context in my work is an increasingly attention-deficit consumer in a fragmented, digital landscape.
Prior to my career in Higher Education, I have run Media and Content driven businesses, in senior leadership roles. I’ve worked across Asia and the US: on the Marketing Client, Media Owner, Publisher, as well as the Agency sides of the business.
Alongside my core teaching role – and when I’m not playing Tennis – I lead Digital Transformation Consulting Sprints and ExecEd programs for corporate clients who want to build digital capability, scale revenue, or drive effectiveness of their marketing spends.
My audiences tell me that I am a thought provoking and provocative speaker. I welcome speaking engagements where the audience is open to truth-telling about the state of play in their industry or business.
- 1995: MBA marketing (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore India)
- 1993: BSc in applied sciences (PSG College of Technology India)
- 2022 – Now : Professor of Management Practice (ESSEC Business School Singapore)
- 2021 – 2022 : Faculty (Nanyang Technological University Singapore)
- 2020 – 2022 : Adjunct Professor (ESSEC Business School France)
- 2018 – 2020 : Managing Director (HOOQ (Singtel) Singapore)
- 2015 – 2018 : Co-founder (Travel Commerce Startup Singapore)
- 2012 – 2015 : Group CEO – Madison Media (Madison World India)
- 2010 – 2012 : Co-Founder (AdVerb Inc United States of America)
- 2005 – 2009 : SVP & Region Head: StarTV Networks South East Asia (StarTV Networks South East Asia Singapore)
- 2002 – 2004 : Business and Marketing Director – Philips Electronics (Philips Singapore)
- 1995 – 2002 : Brand, Media, and Marketing Operations (Procter & Gamble Singapore)