Xavier Lambin is an engineer from École Polytechnique and École des Mines. After two years of strategy consulting, he completed a PhD in Industrial Economics at the Toulouse School of Economics. He then became an assistant professor at Grenoble Ecole de Management, before joining ESSEC in 2021. His research focuses on market design for the digital economy and electricity markets. His techniques are both theoretical and empirical.
- 2019 : Doctor of Philosophy, Economy, Economics (Toulouse School of Economics, France)
- 2014 : Master of Science, Economics (Toulouse School of Economics, France)
- 2011 : Master of Engineering, Engineering (Ecole Polytechnique, France)
- 2011 : Master of Engineering, Mathematics (Mines ParisTech, France)
- 2011 : Maîtrise, Political Philosophy and Ethics (Université Paris IV Sorbonne, France)
- 2021 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2021 - 2019 : Assistant Professor (Grenoble Ecole de Management, France)
- 2015 - 2017 : Analyst (ENGIE, France)
- 2011 - 2013 : Sr analyst (IHS Markit, United Kingdom)
Full-time academic appointments
- LAMBIN, X., SCHLEICH, J. and FAURE, C. (2023). The Energy Efficiency Gap in the Rental Housing Market: It Takes Both Sides to Build a Bridge. Energy Journal, 44(1), pp. 43-61.
- ABADA, I., EHRENMANN, A. and XAVIER LAMBIN, X.L. (2020). On the Viability of Energy Communities. Energy Journal, 41(1).
- ABADA, I., EHRENMANN, A. and XAVIER LAMBIN, X.L. (2020). Unintended consequences: The snowball effect of energy communities. Energy Policy, 143, pp. 111597.
- XAVIER LAMBIN, X.L. (2020). Integration of Demand Response in Electricity Market Capacity Mechanisms. Utilities Policy, 64, pp. 101033.
- XAVIER LAMBIN, X.L. and LÉAUTIER, T.O. (2019). Cross-border Effects of Capacity Remuneration Schemes in Interconnected Markets: Who is Free-riding? Energy Journal, 40(6).
- ASTIER, N. and XAVIER LAMBIN, X.L. (2019). Ensuring Capacity Adequacy in Liberalised Electricity Markets. Energy Journal, 40(3).