Tuck is an Associate Professor of Marketing at ESSEC Business School. He is also the Academic Director for the MSC in Marketing Management and Digital. His research interests span across both marketing and information systems. Specifically, his research interests include consumer online behaviour, marketing analytics, mobile and digital marketing and online personalization of products. He also works in the areas of the financial impact of marketing and service marketing models.He published his works in top academic journals including Marketing Science, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and International Journal of Research in Marketing. One of his recent publications won the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Sheth Foundation Best Paper in 2017.
He contributes to the academic community by serving as a reviewer for such journals as Marketing Science, Information Service Research, Journal of Service Research, International Journal of Research in Marketing and Journal of Interactive Marketing. In addition, he currently serves as an editorial board member for the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
He has six years of industry working experience both in the service and goods industry. While he was working in Unilever, he was a manager holding such roles as Market development, Key Account Management and logistics covering both domestic and regional markets. Before joining ESSEC Business School, he was the Assistant Research and Development Director in the Institute on Asian Consumer Insight championing the digital behaviour cluster. In terms of industry engagements, he gave talks in companies as an external marketing expert, served as panel moderator, conduct industry workshop and was key note speaker in international conferences.
- 2015 : MSc in Development Management (Open University, United Kingdom )
- 2007 : Ph.D. in Marketing & Economics (Robert H. Smith School of Business, United States of America )
- 2000 : M.A. in Asia-Pacific Studies (University of Leeds, United Kingdom )
- 1995 : BBA. (Hon) in Business Administration (National University of Singapore, Singapore )
- 2017 - Present : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School, Singapore)
- 2007 - 2017 : Assistant Professor (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- 2015 - 2017 : Assistant Research and Development Director (Institute on Asian Consumer Insight, Singapore)
- 1997 - 2001 : Sales and operations manager in the Ice Cream Department (Unilever, Singapore)
Full-time academic appointments
Other Academic Appointments
- 2017 : Winner of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Sheth Foundation Best Paper Award
- 2014 : Runner-up for the INFORMS Service Science Best Paper Award
- 2007 : Frank T. Paine Award for Academic Achievement, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- 2007 : Marvin A. Jolson Outstanding Marketing Doctoral Student Award, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- CHUNG, T.S. and LOW, A. (2017). The Impact of Investor Impatience and Environmental Turbulence on Myopic Marketing Management and Stock Performance. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 34(3), pp. 660-677.
- CHUNG, T.S., WEDEL, M. and RUST, R. (2016). Adaptive Personalization Using Social Networks. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 44(1), pp. 66-87.
- MUKHOPADHYAY, S. and CHUNG, T.S. (2016). Preference Instability, Consumption and Online Rating Behavior. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 33(3), pp. 624-638.
- CHUNG, T.S., RUST, R. and WEDEL, M. (2009). My Mobile Music: An Adaptive Personalization System for Digital Audio Players. Marketing Science, 28(1), pp. 52-68.
- RUST, R. and CHUNG, T.S. (2006). Marketing Models of Service and Relationships. Marketing Science, 25(6), pp. 560-580.
- CHUNG, T.S. and WEDEL, M. (2014). Adaptive Personalization of Mobile Information Services In: The Handbook of Handbook of Service Marketing Research. 1st ed. Cheltenham Gloucester: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, pp. 395-412.
- RUST, R., NA, K., WEDEL, M. and CHUNG, T.S. (2010). Personalization Technologies In: The Handbook of Technology Management, Volume 2: Supply Chain Management, Marketing and Advertising, and Global Management. 1st ed. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 473-482.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- CHUNG, T.S. and MUKHOPADHAY, S. (2019). Impact of Online Review Narratives on Offline Business Performance. In: 41st Annual INFORMS Marketing Science (ISMS) Conference.
- NG, S., GOH, K.H. and CHUNG, T.S. (2019). Who and When will Consumer Choose Online Versus Offline Platforms: Omni-Channel Customer Service in a Digital Economy. In: 2019 Frontiers in Service Conference.
- CHUNG, T.S. (2018). A Heuristic-analytic Perspective On The Helpfulness Of Online Consumer Reviews. In: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) 2018 International Meeting.
- 2018 - 2019 : Master thesis supervision (Other)
- 2011 - 2014 : PhD Dissertations Supervision (Supervision of dissertation)
- 2009 - 2013 : Undergraduate final year project supervision (Other)
- 2020 - Present : National representative (Singapore), International Journal of Research in Marketing, États-Unis
Member of an professional association, of an expert group or of a board of directors
- 2013 - 2017 : Chair, Marketing and International Division PhD Committee, Nanyang Business School, Singapour
- 2009 - 2013 : Member, Marketing and International Division PhD Committee, Nanyang Business School, Singapour
- 2009 - 2011 : Member, Curriculum Review Committee, Nanyang Business School, Singapour
- 2016 - 2020 : International Journal of Research in Marketing
- Reviewer for International Journal of Research in Marketing; Journal of Interactive Marketing; Journal of Marketing; Journal of Operations Management; Journal of Service Research; Marketing Letters; Marketing Science
- 2017 - Present : Member of Academy of Marketing Science (AMS)
- 2017 - Present : Member of American Marketing Association (AMA)
- 2016 - Present : Member of European Marketing Academy (EMA)
- 2003 - Present : Member of Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
Editorial Board Membership
Reviewer for a journal
Member of an academic association
- 2014 : MUKHOPADHYAY S. (Nanyang Business School), Thesis director, First placement: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA)
- 2013 : GUAN C. (Nanyang Business School), Thesis jury member, First placement: Singapore University of Social Sciences