- 2019 : Ph.D. in Management, Organisational Behaviour Area (INSEAD, France)
- 2008 : Master in Business Administration (with distinction) (INSEAD, France)
- 2000 : LLM in European Law (with distinction) (College of Europe, Belgium)
- 1999 : LLB – Law with French law (upper second class honors) (King's College University, United Kingdom)
- 1999 : Master of Private Laws (with distinction) (Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, France)
- 2020 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2019 - 2020 : Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (INSEAD, France)
- 2010 - 2012 : Head of Integrity & Compliance (FIFA T.M.S., GmbH, Switzerland)
- 2008 - 2009 : Associate (McKinsey & Company, France)
- 2004 - 2006 : Senior Associate, International Dispute Resolution (Baker Botts LLP, United Kingdom)
- 2000 - 2004 : Associate, International Dispute Resolution (Shearman & Sterling LLP, United States of America)
Full-time academic appointments
- 2014 : INSEAD Alumni Association Fund (INSEAD, France)
- 2014 : INSEAD-Wharton Alliance, PhD student exchange grant (INSEAD, France)
- SOLAL, I. and SNELLMAN, K. (2019). Women don’t mean business? Gender penalty in board composition. Organization Science, 30(6), pp. 1270-1288.
- SOLAL, I. and SNELLMAN, K. (2019). Why Investors React Negatively to Companies That Put Women on Their Boards. Harvard Business Review.
- SOLAL, I. and SNELLMAN, K. (2019). Pourquoi nommer une femme au conseil d’administration fait chuter le cours de l’action. Harvard Business Review (France).
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- SOLAL, I. (2019). Gender and the Interpretation of Endorsement Ties: Evidence From Entrepreneurial Financing. In: Wharton People & Organizations Conference.
- SOLAL, I. (2019). The Gender of Money: How Gender Structures the Market for Entrepreneurial Capital. In: Wharton People & Organizations Conference.
- SOLAL, I. (2018). Venture Like a Woman: The Influence of Gender and Venture Type on Investment Decisions. In: Academy of Management.
- SOLAL, I. (2016). Women Don’t Mean Business? Gender Penalty in Board Composition. In: Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference.
Press article, video or other popular media
- 2002 : - Present : Member of New York State Bar
Member of an professional association, of an expert group or of a board of directors
- 2017 - 2019 : Area representative to INSEAD’s PhD Contact Group, INSEAD, France
- 2015 - 2019 : INSEAD IRB Committee, INSEAD, France
- Reviewer for Academy of Management; Administrative Science Quarterly; Organization Science; Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes; Strategic Organization
- 2015 : Organizing Committee, Wharton-INSEAD Doctoral Consortium
- 2013 : - Present : Academy of Management
- 2013 : - Present : American Sociological Association