Andreea Moraru-Arfire joined the Department of Accounting and Management Control at ESSEC in 2017 as an Assistant Professor. Her research centers on accounting harmonization, capital markets and information intermediaries, and financial reporting and regulation. Before joining ESSEC, Andreea visited the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, as a research fellow of the Swiss National Science Foundation. She earned her PhD in Finance from the University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Her previous industry experience includes the European Commission, Groupe Société Générale, and the National Bank of Romania.
- 2016 : PhD in Finance (University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland)
- 2017 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2016 - 2017 : Post-Doctorate (University of Pennsylvania, United States of America)
- 2010 : DG Budget (European Commission, Belgium)
- 2008 : Financial Stability Department (National Bank of Romania, Romania)
- 2004 - 2005 : Corporate, Retail Loans (Société Générale, Romania)
Full-time academic appointments
- 2016 - 2017 : Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Early PostDoc Mobility Fellowship
- 2011 - 2014 : SNSF Research Grant
- 2010 - 2011 : Swiss Government Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- MORARU-ARFIRE, A. (2019). Investment Banks' Research Activities in the Post-Reform Era: Do Sanctions Discipline the Sell-Side Profession ? In: 42nd European Accounting Association (EAA) Annual Congress 2019.
- DUBOIS, M., GRIGALIUNIENE, Z. and MORARU-ARFIRE, A. (2018). Decomposing Analysts' Earnings Forecast Errors: What Are the Key Factors? In: ESSEC-HEC 6th Joint Workshop in Accounting.
- 2018 - Present : Empirical Research in Financial Accounting (PHD (MS BAR + PhD) ESSEC Business School France)
- 2018 - Present : Financial Accounting and Reporting (Grande Ecole - Master in Management ESSEC Business School France)
- 2013 - 2015 : International Financial Reporting Standards ( University of Neuchâtel Switzerland)
- 2012 - 2015 : Corporate Finance ( University of Neuchâtel Switzerland)
- 2012 - 2015 : Research in Financial Analysis ( University of Neuchâtel Switzerland)
- 2012 - 2015 : Valuation ( University of Neuchâtel Switzerland)
- 2018 : - Present : Co-responsible for organizing the Research Seminars for the Accounting and Management Control Department, ESSEC Business School, France
- 2016 : - Present : Member of American Accounting Association
- 2016 : - Present : Member of European Accounting Association