Steven Seggie is an associate professor of marketing, entrepreneurship and innovation in the marketing department at ESSEC Business School. He previously worked at Ozyegin University in Istanbul and Bilkent University in Turkey. His areas of research and teaching include customer-driven innovation, interorganizational relationships and scientometrics.
- 2007 : Ph.D. in Marketing &International Business (Michigan State University, United States of America )
- 2003 : MBA (Sabancı Üniversitesi, Turkey )
- 2018 - Present : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2015 - 2018 : Associate Professor of Marketing (Ozyegin University, Turkey)
- 2008 - 2014 : Assistant Professor of Marketing (Ozyegin University, Turkey)
- 2019 - Present : Academic director of the Executive MBA (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2015 - 2018 : Directeur du Département Entrepreneuriat (Ozyegin University, Turkey)
- 2014 - 2015 : Directeur du Département Business Administration (Gestion) (Ozyegin University, Turkey)
Full-time academic appointments
Other Academic Appointments
- USLU, B., CALIKOGLU, A., SEGGIE, S. and SEGGIE, S. (2019). The entrepreneurial university and academic discourses: The meta‐synthesis of Higher Education articles. Higher Education Quarterly, 73(3), pp. 285-311.
- SEGGIE, S., SOYER, E. and PAUWELS, K.H. (2017). Combining Big Data and Lean Startup Methods for Business Model Evolution. AMS Review, 7(3-4), pp. 154-169.
- SEGGIE, S., GRIFFITH, D. and JAP, S. (2013). Passive and Active Opportunism in Interorganizational Exchange. Journal of Marketing, 77(6), pp. 73-90.
- SEGGIE, S. (2012). Transaction Cost Economics in International Marketing: A Review and Suggestions for the Future. Journal of International Marketing, 20(2), pp. 49-71.
- BERK, T., SEGGIE, S. and CAVUSGIL, E. (2009). Exploring Correlates of Product Launch in Collaborative Ventures: An Empirical Investigation of Pharmaceutical Alliances. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 26(4), pp. 360-370.
- SEGGIE, S. and GRIFFITH, D. (2009). What Does it Take to Get Promoted in Marketing Academia? Understanding Exceptional Publication Productivity in the Leading Marketing Journals. Journal of Marketing, 73(1), pp. 122-132.
- XU, S., YALCINKAYA, G. and SEGGIE, S. (2008). Are Decisions Arbitrary in our International Business Ranking Study. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 25(4), pp. 691-695.
- XU, S., YALCINKAYA, G. and SEGGIE, S. (2008). Prolific Authors and Institutions in Leading International Business Journals. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 25(2), pp. 189-207.
- SEGGIE, S. and GRIFFITH, D. (2008). The Resource Matching Foundations of Competitive Advantage: An Alternative Perspective on the Globalization of Service Firms. International Marketing Review, 25(3), pp. 262-275.
- CAVUSGIL, E., SEGGIE, S. and TALAY, B. (2007). Dynamic Capabilities View: Foundations and Research Agenda. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 15(2), pp. 159-166.
- SEGGIE, S., CAVUSGIL, E. and PHELAN, S. (2007). Measurement of Return on Marketing Investment: Evolution of Approaches and Directions for Future. Industrial Marketing Management, 36(6), pp. 834-841.
- SEGGIE, S., KIM, D. and CAVUSGIL, T. (2006). Do Supply Chain IT Alignment and Supply Chain Interfirm System Integration Impact upon Brand Equity and Firm Performance? Journal of Business Research, 59(8), pp. 887-895.