Julien Salanave is a serial startup founder and venture capitalist who has studied and worked on 3 continents (Asia, Europe and North America). He then decided to commit his time to education by transitioning to academia.
He recently joined ESSEC as Professor of Practice in Entrepreneurship & Innovation and Director of ESSEC Ventures APAC to develop entrepreneurship education and support students in their entrepreneurial ventures.
- 2022 : PhD in Management with concentration in Entrepreneurship (Hong Kong Baptist University School of Business, China)
- 2015 : MPhil in Research - Technology entrepreneurship concentration (Université de Montpellier, France)
- 1999 : Master of Science in Management (Grande Ecole) (HEC Paris, France)
- 2021 - Present : Professor of Management Practice (ESSEC Business School, Singapore)
- 2018 - 2021 : Lecturer in Entrepreneurship (Hong Kong Baptist University School of Business, China)
- 2020 - 2021 : Lecturer in Entrepreneurship (The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, China)
- 2012 - 2017 : Founder & CEO (Orée, France)
- 2008 - 2012 : Founder & CEO (Upnext Research, France)
- 2005 - 2008 : Managing Director (IDATE, France)
- 2001 - 2005 : Senior Associate (Newbury Ventures, United States of America)
- 1999 - 2001 : Associate (Apax Partners, France)
Full-time academic appointments
- 2020 - 2021 : Entrepreneurship ( The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong China)
- 2018 - 2021 : Entrepreneurship ( Hong Kong Baptist University School of Business China)