I have received a PhD in theoretical statistics, under the supervision of A.B. Tsybakov. Prior to that I graduated from Ecole Polytechnique majoring in applied mathematics.
My research interests are in high dimensional probability and statistics. In particular, I have worked during my PhD on variable selection, estimation and community detection in the high dimensional setting. I am also interested in robust statistics, stochastic processes, harmonic analysis, random matrix theory and spiked models.
- 2019 : Doctorate in Mathematical Statistics (University Paris-Saclay, France)
- 2016 : Master of Science, Finance (Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC), France)
- 2015 : Master of Engineering, Mathematics (Ecole Polytechnique, France)
- 2021 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
Full-time academic appointments
- 2020 - 2021 : Zumberge Individual Award 2020 (University of South California (USC), United States of America)
- 2020 - 2021 : IMS New Researcher Travel Award
- 2019 : Best Student Paper Award
- COMMINGES, L., COLLIER, O., NDAOUD, M. and TSYBAKOV, A. (2021). Adaptive robust estimation in sparse vector model. Annals of Statistics, 49(3), pp. 1347-1377.
- NDAOUD, M., SIGALA, S. and TSYBAKOV, A. (2021). Improved clustering algorithms for the Bipartite Stochastic Block Model. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, In press.
- NDAOUD, M. and TSYBAKOV, A. (2020). Optimal variable selection and adaptive noisy Compressed Sensing. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY, 66(4), pp. 2517-2532.
- BUTUCEA, C., NDAOUD, M., STEPANOVA, N. and TSYBAKOV, A.B. (2018). Variable selection with Hamming loss. Annals of Statistics, 46(5), pp. 1837-1875.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- 2021 Analysis of Variance and Design ( University of South California (USC) United States of America)
- 2020 Foundations of Statistical Learning Theory ( University of South California (USC) United States of America)
- 2019 Statistical Inference and Data Analysis ( University of South California (USC) United States of America)