- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Marco's academic research focuses on corporate law & finance and on competition law, with special focus on the interdiscplinary interaction between these two fields of knowledge. He was awarded by the University of Oxford an LLM (MJUR), an MPHIL in Law and a PHD (DPHIL) in European and comparative corporate law . He also holds a second PHD in competition law and economics from Richard Goodwin Business School (Siena). As an undergraduate, he studied law at Bologna University (Alma Mater Studiorum).
Before joining ESSEC, Marco was a senoir research fellow at the Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law of Stockholm University and a senior lecturer in law at Lund University.
Marco practiced business law, he is admitted to the Bologna Bar Association, where he qualified to plead in front of higher courts. He is also accredited as a business mediator in the City of London and as an international commercial arbitrator and as an international commercial mediator for the German International Arbitration Institute (DIS). He also has extensive experience in policy research and consultancy commissioned by European, Middle-Eastern and Asian Governments and Independent Authorities in matters of trade and competition policy.
- 2016 : PhD in Comparative and European Corporate Law (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- 2010 : MPHIL in Comparative and European Corporate Law (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- 2009 : LLM (MJUR), Magister Juris - Distinction and Merit Award (University of Oxford – St Catherine’s College, United Kingdom)
- 2007 : PhD in Economic Analysis of the Law (Richard Goodwin School of Economics – University of Siena, Italy)
- 2002 : MSC in Law and Economics (Richard Goodwin School of Economics – University of Siena, Italy)
- 2001 : JD Magna Cum Laude in each of the 22 qualifying examinations (30/30) – final result: 110/110 Summa cum Laude + National Merit Award 2001 (University of Bologna, Italy)
- 1996 : Scientific Studies (Diploma di Maturita' Scientifica) 60/60 (Liceo Scientifico Valeriani, Italy)
- 2020 : Oxford Entrepreneurship Venture Finance Program (Said Business School, United Kingdom)
- 2020 - Present : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2019 - 2020 : Visiting Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2017 - 2020 : Visiting Professor in EU Substantive Law – Europa-Kolleg (Hamburg University, Germany)
- 2019 - 2020 : Senior Research Fellow, lecturer and co-director of the Comparative Business Law Research Panel (Stockholm University, Sweden)
- 2020 : Visiting Professor (Regent's Park College - University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- 2018 - 2019 : Visiting Senior Lecturer - the Institute for European and Comparative Law (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- 2016 - 2018 : Senior Lecturer in Law (Lund University, Sweden)
- 2009 - 2012 : Lecturer in Law – Centre for Business Law (CBL) International Summer Program (Oriel College, United Kingdom)
- 2011 : Research Fellow in Law and Finance (Columbia University, United States of America)
- 2001 - 2008 : Teaching Assistant in Commercial Law – Faculty of Law (University of Bologna, Italy)
- 2002 - 2006 : Teaching Assistant in Commercial Law – Faculty of Economics (University of Trento, Italy)
- 2018 : Summer Member (start-up incubator) (One Co-work, Spain)
- 2016 : Legal consultant (Inesse Corporation ltd, United Kingdom)
- 2005 - 2013 : Barrister/Attorney at Law (‘Avvocato’) (Bologna Bar Association at the Court of Appeal of Bologna, Italy)
- 2013 : Internship at the Court of Justice of the EU (Cabinet of Judge Anthony Borg Barthet, Luxembourg)
- 2001 - 2003 : Barrister Pupillage (Studio Legale Associato Ponzi Folli Minzoni, Italy)
- 2003 : Legal Consultant (Studio Legale Rossi, Italy)
Full-time academic appointments
Other Academic Appointments
- 2009 : Prize for the Best Competition Law Performance in BCL/MJUR (Monckton Chambers, United Kingdom)
- 2001 : First Prize for the Best Italian Student in Law (2001); Guida al diritto/Il Sole 24 ore, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer (Italy)
- 2018 - 2020 : Research Grant by the Soederbergs Foundation for researching on ‘The anti-competitive effects of non-controlling financial holdings (Sweden)
- 2009 : Research grant (shared with the other participants) by the Oxford-Beijing Cairncross Foundation for a Policy Research on EU and Chinese Competition Law (United Kingdom)
- 2003 : Research Grant by the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research for studying the Implementation of EU Regulation 1/2003 within the Italian Jurisdiction (Italy)
- 2001 - 2004 : Doctoral scholarship from the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research (Italy)
- CORRADI, M. and NOWAG, J. (2019). The Interaction between Corporate Law and Competition Law. European Company Law, 16(2), pp. 42-43.
- CORRADI, M. (2018). Securing corporate opportunities in Europe – comparative notes on monetary remedies and on the potential evolution of the remedial system. Journal of Corporate Law Studies, 18(2), pp. 439-473.
- CORRADI, M. (2018). Notes on Competition and Justum Pretium Theory and Practice in Medieval Italy: Lessons for Modern EU Competition Price Theory? Antitrust Bulletin, 63(3), pp. 330-349.
- CORRADI, M. and TZANAKI, A. (2017). Active and Passive Institutional Investors and New Antitrust Challenges: Is EU Competition Law Ready? CPI Antitrust Chronicle, 1(3).
- CORRADI, M. (2016). Corporate Opportunities Doctrines Tested in the Light of the Theory of the Firm – A European (and US) Comparative Perspective. European Business Law Review, 27(6), pp. 755-819.
- CORRADI, M. (2015). Bridging the Gap in the Shifting Sands of Non-Controlling Financial Holdings? World Competition. Law and Economics Review, 39(2), pp. 239-266.
- CORRADI, M. (2012). Corporate Agency Costs in the Shadow of the European Stock Exchanges: A Comparative Assessment of British and Italian Law on Related Party Transactions and Corporate Opportunities. The Journal of Comparative Law, pp. 23-50.
- CORRADI, M. (2011). Les opportunités d’affaires saisies par les administrateurs de la société en violation du devoir de loyauté. Bulletin Joly Sociétés.
- CORRADI, M. (2011). Le opportunità di affari all’ultimo comma dell’art. 2391 c.c.: profili interpretativi tra ‘società’ ed ‘impresa’. Giurisprudenza Commerciale, 38(4), pp. 597-620.
- CORRADI, M. (2009). L’applicazione del diritto antitrust nazionale e comunitario a norma dell’art. 134 c.p.i.: note minime. Rivista Trimestrale di Diritto e Procedura Civile, 63(2), pp. 709-721.
- CORRADI, M. (2008). La proporzionalità tra partecipazione e “potere di controllo” nell’art. 2449 c.c. Giurisprudenza Commerciale, 35(5), pp. 932-947.
- CORRADI, M. (2007). Le partecipazioni societarie che non veicolano il controllo: riflessioni di economia e diritto antitrust. Rivista del Diritto Commerciale e del Diritto Generale delle Obbligazioni, 105(4-6), pp. 363-441.
- CORRADI, M. and CORRADI, V. (2002). The Adjusted Knaster Procedure Under Unequal Entitlements. Decisions in Economics and Finance, pp. 157-160.
- CORRADI, M. (2002). Validità ed efficacia di una clausola di prelazione nell’ambito di una vendita coattiva. Giurisprudenza Commerciale, 29(5), pp. 591-600.
- CORRADI, M., ENRIQUES, L. and BIANCHI, M. (2002). Gli investitori istituzionali italiani e la corporate governance delle società quotate dopo la riforma del 1998: un’analisi del ruolo potenziale dei gestori di fondi comuni. Banca, Impresa, Societa, 21(3), pp. 397-438.
- CORRADI, M. (2001). Conflitto di interessi, azione sociale di responsabilità e impugnazione di deliberazioni negative. Giurisprudenza Commerciale, 28(6), pp. 840-859.
- CORRADI, M. and HELLERINGER, G. (2021). Board duties: the duty of loyalty and self-dealing. In: Afra Afsharipour, Martin Gelter eds. Comparative Corporate Governance. 1 ed. Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, pp. 200-219.
- CORRADI, M. and NOWAG, J. (2019). With and without Prejudice: on the Case of Cross-Border Mergers for Large Multinational Firms and SMEs. In: T. Papadopulos (ed.). Cross-border Mergers Directive: EU perspectives and national experiences. 1st ed. Springer International Publishing.
- CORRADI, M. (2017). 欧洲国家援助法发展历程 (The Development of EU State Aid Law from a Policy Perspective), in William Kovacic and o (eds), 以竞争促增长:国际视角 (Accelerating China’s Growth by Strengthening Competition) (中信出版社, Citic, Beijing, 2017) 97-162. In: 以竞争促增长:国际视角. 1st ed. Citic.
- CORRADI, M. (2012). Commento all’art. 120 T.U.F. In: Commentario T.U.F. – Decreto Legislativo 24 febbraio 1998, n. 58 e successive modificazioni. 1st ed. Giappichelli.
- CORRADI, M. (2012). Commento all'articolo 121. In: F. Vella (ed.). Commentario T.U.F. – Decreto Legislativo 24 febbraio 1998, n. 58 e successive modificazioni. 1st ed. Giappichelli.
Presentations at an Academic or Professional conference
- CORRADI, M. (2022). Competition in the Banking Industry and Technological Innovation: Global Appraisal and Policy Observations. In: 2022 Amsterdam Center for Law and Economics (ACLE) -Young Scholar Initiative (YSI) Young Talents in Law & Finance Conference. Amsterdam.
- HELLERINGER, G. and CORRADI, M. (2019). Board Duties: The Duty of Loyalty and Self-Dealing. In: 2019 Comparative Corporate Governance Workshop.
- CORRADI, M. (2019). Corporate Founders’ Duty of Loyalty and Technological Innovation. In: America Society of Comparative Law Conference at McGill University. Montreal.
- CORRADI, M. (2019). Parallel Holdings by Institutional Investors and EU Policies: What’s Next? In: Bergen Competition Policy Conference. Bergen.
- CORRADI, M. (2018). Corporate Law Incentives to Directors’ Technological Innovations – A Comparative Analysis. In: American Society of Comparative Law YCC Workshop on Comparative Business and Financial Law. New York.
- CORRADI, M. (2018). Enforcing Corporate Opportunities Rules: Antitrust Risks and Antitrust Failures. In: NYU Next Generation of Antitrust Scholars Conference. New York.
- CORRADI, M. (2017). Bargaining over Corporate Opportunities: Disclosure, Negotiation and Residual Allocative Effects. In: 8th National Business Law Scholar Conference. Salt Lake City.
- CORRADI, M. (2015). Bridging the Gap in the ‘Shifting Sands’ of Non-Controlling Financial Holdings? In: 1st Annual Conference on Competition Policy’. Bergen.
Invited speaker at an academic conference
- CORRADI, M. and HELLERINGER, G. (2019). Directors’ Self-Dealing: Comparative Approach. In: Fordham Law School Corporate Law Conference. New York.
- CORRADI, M. (2019). Competition Law and Policy at times of Financialisation: Concentration, Innovation, Sustainability in the Food Sector. In: Science Po Roundtable. Paris (Science Po).
- CORRADI, M. (2018). Parallel Holdings: A Competition Law Problem? In: Stockholm School of Economics Konkurrensrättsdag, SNEF. Stockholm.
- CORRADI, M. (2017). With and without Prejudice: on the Case of Cross-Border Mergers for Large Multinational Firms and SMEs. In: First Conference on Cross-border Mergers Directive: EU perspectives and national experiences. Nicosia.
- CORRADI, M. (2016). Enforcing Corporate Opportunities Rules: the Hidden Antitrust Risk. In: 2nd Annual Conference on Competition Policy. Bergen.
Presentations at a Faculty research seminar
- CORRADI, M. (2019). Parallel Holdings and Antitrust: a Global Perspective. In: Seminar ar Hong Kong University Law Faculty. Hong Kong (HKU).
- CORRADI, M. (2019). Investment Funds' Equity Holdings and EU Competition Policies. Oxford.
- CORRADI, M. (2015). An Evolutionary and Comparative Perspective on the ‘Market’ for Corporate Opportunities in the United Kingdom. In: Humboldt University Großbritannien-Zentrum Colloquium. Berlin.
- CORRADI, M. (2015). Corporate Opportunities Doctrines and the Theories of the Firm. In: ULB Faculty of Law. Brussels.
- CORRADI, M. (2015). Legislative Options for an Efficient Allocation of Corporate Opportunities. Tilburg.
- CORRADI, M. (2014). Minority Equity and Debt Holdings in EU Competition Law. New York.
- CORRADI, M. (2014). Solomonic bargaining in corporate law. New York.
- CORRADI, M. (2010). Corporate Opportunity Rules in a comparative perspective: individuating a correct ‘tertium comparationis’. Oxford.
- CORRADI, M. (2010). Corporate law rules for the allocation of the entitlements to exploit new business opportunities: notes from an economic perspective. Oxford.
Technical reports, White papers
- CORRADI, M. (2016). Author of the Policy Report on 'The Development of EU State Aid Law', in a Policy Research commissioned by the Chinese Antitrust Authority and Cairncross Foundation to Professor Sir Derek Morris (Beijing and Oxford). United Kingdom.
- CORRADI, M. (2016). Substantive Redactor of a Policy Report on the EU Free Trade and Competition Policy Development in a Policy Research on USA and EU Competition and Free Trade Law, Commissioned by the Chinese Antitrust Authority and Cairncross Foundation to Professor Thomas Cheng & Peter Freeman (judge) (Beijing; Oxford). United Kingdom.
- CORRADI, M. (2013). Author of a Policy Recommendation on Antitrust Sanctions and Remedies in a PBP Oxford Consultancy to the Georgian Government for the Reform of Competition Law directed by Professor Ariel Ezrachi (University of Oxford). United Kingdom.
Press article, video or other popular media
- 2020 Globalization and Trade (Global BBA ESSEC Business School France)
- 2020 Law and Entrepreneurship (Grande Ecole - Master in Management ESSEC Business School France)
- 2019 - 2020 : European Law (Grande Ecole - Master in Management ESSEC Business School France)
- 2019 International Business Law (Executive MBA - Asian track ESSEC Business School Singapore)
- 2019 Mergers and Acquisitions (Certificat ESSEC Business School France)
- 2017 - 2020 : Substantive Law of the European Union ( Europa Kolleg - University of Hamburg United Kingdom)
- 2016 - 2017 : Comparative Corporate Law, Maritime Law, WTO Law, Maritime Finance, Arbitration Law ( Lund University Sweden)
- 2009 - 2012 : Comparative Corporate Law; EU Competition Law; EU Law and Institutions; EU procedure ( Oriel College United Kingdom)
- 2002 - 2008 : Examining Business Law Students ('voluntary activity' - unpaid) ( University of Trento Italy)
- 2001 - 2008 : Examining Business Law Students ('voluntary' activity - unpaid) ( University of Bologna Italy)
- 2019 - 2019 : Training with Alexander Massey (Other)
- 2016 - 2017 : Master Thesis Supervision (Supervision of dissertation)
- 2010 - 2010 : PLTO Teaching Diploma (Training for lecturing in UK Universities) (Other)
- 2001 - 2008 : Supervision of Bachelor Thesis (Supervision of dissertation)
- 2018 : First International Conference on the Relationships between Corporate Law and Antitrust Law, Lund (2018) (with Julian Nowag, co-organizer), Sweden
- 2017 : - Present : Academic Associate of the American Society of Comparative Law, United States of America
Organization of a conference or a seminar
Function in an academic association
- 2013 : - Present : Academic member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), Belgium
- 2013 : - Present : Accredited Civil and Business Mediator – ADR Chambers – London, United Kingdom
- 2018 : - Present : Arbitrator in the lists of the German Arbitration Institute, Germany
- 2005 : - Present : Barrister (Avvocato) – Bologna Bar, Italy