Romain Boulland’s research interests focus on the effect of media in financial markets and the role played by information intermediaries. His research encompasses the impact of financial communication on firms’ visibility, the strategic timing of earnings release, and the behavioral biases of financial analysts. He teaches corporate finance in the M.Sc. (Grande Ecole) program. He has received in 2019 the Young Researcher Award in Economics from the French financial market regulator (Autorité des Marchés Financiers).
- 2013 : Ph.D. in Finance (Université Paris Dauphine, France)
- 2010 : M.Sc. Economics and Statistics (L'École nationale de la statistique et de l'administration économique (ENSAE), France)
- 2008 : B.Sc. Economics (Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay, France)
- 2020 - Present : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2014 - 2020 : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
Full-time academic appointments
- 2019 : Young Researcher Award, Autorité des Marchés Financiers
- 2015 : Best Ph.D. prize, Cercle France-Amériques
- 2015 : Best Ph.D. prize, Chancellerie des Universités de Paris
- 2014 : Best Ph.D. prize of the Fondation Dauphine
- 2014 : Best thesis prize in Corporate Finance, French Finance Association
- BOULLAND, R., LOBO, G. and PAUGAM, L. (2019). Do Investors Pay Sufficient Attention to Banks Other Comprehensive Income? European Accounting Review, 28(5), pp. 819-848.
- BOULLAND, R. (2018). Analysts’ Stickiness, Over-Reaction and Drift. Finance, 39(1), pp. 35-69.
- BOULLAND, R. and DESSAINT, O. (2017). Announcing the Announcement. Journal of Banking and Finance, (82), pp. 59-79.
- BOULLAND, R., DEGEORGE, F. and GINGLINGER, E. (2017). News Dissemination and Investor Attention. Review of Finance (ex European Finance Review), 21(2), pp. 761-791.
Invited speaker at an academic conference
- 2019 : JIA Xiao (ESSEC Business School), Thesis co-director, First placement: Assistant Professor in Finance - School of Economics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology ("HUST")