Raffaele Conti, Full Professor, received a Ph.D. in Management from Bocconi University and a M.Sc. in Economics from Pompeu Fabra University. His research interests focus primarily on how institutions affect innovation, entrepreneurship, and, more broadly, the economic behavior of individuals and organizations. He currently serves as Associate Editor of Management Science and of the Strategic Management Journal.
- 2011 : Doctor of Philosophy, Sciences de Gestion, Management (Università Bocconi, Italie)
- 2004 : Master of Science, Economie (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Espagne)
- 2003 : Bachelor, Science politique (Universitá di Pisa, Italie)
- 2021 - présent : Professeur (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2017 - 2021 : Professeur associé (Catolica Lisbon School of Business & Economics, Portugal)
- 2011 - 2016 : Professeur assistant (Catolica Lisbon School of Business & Economics, Portugal)
Positions académiques principales
- CONTI, R., KACPERCZYK, A. and VALENTINI, G. (2022). Institutional protection of minority employees and entrepreneurship: Evidence from the LGBT Non-Discrimination Acts. Strategic Management Journal.
- ARANDA, A.M., CONTI, R. and WEZEL, F.C. (2021). Distinct but not Apart? Stigma Reduction and Cross-Industry Evaluative Spillovers: The Case of Medical Marijuana Legalization. Academy of Management Journal, In press.
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R. and KACPERCZYK, A. (2020). The (Un) intended consequences of institutions lowering barriers to entrepreneurship: The impact on female workers. Strategic Management Journal, 41(7), pp. 1274-1304.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. and NOVELLI, E. (2019). Specializing in Generality: Firm Strategies When Intermediate Markets Work. Organization Science, 30(1), pp. 126-150.
- CONTI, R. and VALENTINI, G. (2018). Super Partes? Assessing the Effect of Judicial Independence on Entry. Management Science, 64(8), pp. 3517-3535.
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R. and KACPERCZYK, A. (2017). Money secrets: How does trade secret legal protection affect firm market value? Evidence from the uniform trade secret act. Strategic Management Journal, 38(4), pp. 834-853.
- CASTELLANETA, F., CONTI, R., VELOSO, F.M. and KEMENY, C.A. (2016). The effect of trade secret legal protection on venture capital investments: Evidence from the inevitable disclosure doctrine. Journal of Business Venturing, 31(5), pp. 524-541.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. and MARIANI, M. (2014). Learning to Be Edison: Inventors, Organizations, and Breakthrough Inventions. Organization Science, 25(3), pp. 833-849.
- CONTI, R. (2014). Do non-competition agreements lead firms to pursue risky R&D projects? Strategic Management Journal, 35(8), pp. 1230-1248.
- CONTI, R., GAMBARDELLA, A. and NOVELLI, E. (2013). Research on Markets for Inventions and Implications for R&D Allocation Strategies. Academy of Management Annals, 7(1), pp. 717-774.