Romain Boulland’s research interests focus on earnings announcement, the effect of media in financial markets, and the role played by information intermediaries. His research encompasses the strategic timing of earnings release, the impact of financial communication on firms’ visibility, and the behavioral biases of financial analysts. He teaches corporate finance in the M.Sc. program. During his Ph.D., Romain Boulland has been a visiting scholar at the University of Toronto and at the Swiss Finance Institute. He received the AFFI (French Finance Association) best dissertation award for his Ph.D. thesis. His papers have been presented at the American Finance Association (AFA) and the European Finance Association (EFA) meetings.
- 2013 : Ph.D. in Finance (Université Paris Dauphine, France )
- 2010 : M.Sc. Economics and Statistics (L'École nationale de la statistique et de l'administration économique (ENSAE), France )
- 2008 : B.Sc. Economics and Management (Ecole Normale Supérieure, France )
- 2020 - présent : Associate Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
- 2014 - 2020 : Assistant Professor (ESSEC Business School, France)
Positions académiques principales
- 2019 : Young Researcher Award, Autorité des Marchés Financiers
- 2015 : Best Ph.D. prize, Cercle France-Amériques
- 2015 : Best Ph.D. prize, Chancellerie des Universités de Paris
- 2014 : Best Ph.D. prize of the Fondation Dauphine
- 2014 : Best thesis prize in Corporate Finance, French Finance Association
- BOULLAND, R., LOBO, G. and PAUGAM, L. (2019). Do Investors Pay Sufficient Attention to Banks Other Comprehensive Income? European Accounting Review, 28(5), pp. 819-848.
- BOULLAND, R. (2018). Analysts’ Stickiness, Over-Reaction and Drift. Finance, 39(1), pp. 35-69.
- BOULLAND, R. and DESSAINT, O. (2017). Announcing the Announcement. Journal of Banking and Finance, (82), pp. 59-79.
- BOULLAND, R., DEGEORGE, F. and GINGLINGER, E. (2017). News Dissemination and Investor Attention. Review of Finance (ex European Finance Review), 21(2), pp. 761-791.
- 2019 : JIA Xiao (ESSEC Business School), Co-directeur de thèse, Premier poste : Assistant Professor in Finance - School of Economics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology ("HUST")